This page has moved to a new address.

Birthday Cupcakes

the urban baker: Birthday Cupcakes

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Birthday Cupcakes

This year, for our school's auction, I donated a years worth of baked goods, to be delivered to ones home, the first week of each month.  I am happy to say there was a little bit of a bidding war.  I am not a professional baker (just a little crazy and obsessed), so the fact that people were fighting over my sweet creations, was a little surprising.

A very, very good friend of mine ( I will refer to them as the G's) got the winning bid.  I  know the money collected goes directly to the school ( a really good cause, especially since LA unified is in the toilet), but heck, she could have gotten the sweet treats without the winning bid.

Today was her son's birthday party, whom also happens to be one of Isaac's best friends.  I called her mid week, last week and suggested I make one of his favorite desserts for the party.  After all, my monthly baking obligation starts the first week of April.  We will just call this a little bonus for being my friend, and for my love for her son.

He wanted cupcakes.  Easy-peasy!  He wanted white cupcakes with white frosting.  No chocolate.  He requested a blue and orange theme.  I made my favorite vanilla cupcakes (see post ) with a super simple buttercream frosting (he also requested no cream cheese!).

Happy Birthday, Mister.... hope you had a fun day!

Buttercream frosting:


4 oz unsalted butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3-4 Tbls. milk


Mix first four ingredients in mixer.  Add milk to desired consistency (I added too much milk- I kind of blew it).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home