This page has moved to a new address.

Zucchini + Orange MarmaladeTea Bread

the urban baker: Zucchini + Orange MarmaladeTea Bread

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Zucchini + Orange MarmaladeTea Bread

I have so much to post.  I have either been busy or lazy.  I would love to tell you all that I have been oh-so very busy, but I must confess, I have been lazy.

I have baked, lots and have photographed.  Yet, had no energy to post.  Well...I am back.

I had been wanting to make the zucchini and orange marmalade tea cake from the Tartine cookbook.  I had some not so pretty zucchini's as well as just enough orange marmalade to make this cake.  This cake is quite light, using oil rather than butter.

I only had one little taste, but it was really, really good.

ingredients:
1 1/2 C + 2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. veg oil
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup orange marmalade
2 1/2 cups zucchini, grated
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
2 Tbsp. sugar for topping


directions:
1.    preheat oven to 350*.  oil & flour a 9"x 5" loaf pan.
2.    sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, & cinnamon, set aside.
3.    in a mixing bowl, mix eggs, oil, sugar & marmalade.  Add zucchini & salt, combine.  scrape down sides of bowl and add sifted ingredients.  add nuts
4.    Put batter in prepared pan.  Sprinkle with sugar.  Bake 60-70 minutes until cake tester nserted in the center comes out clean.  Let cool in pan for 20 minutes (I went longer), then invert.  
Enjoy!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home