This page has moved to a new address.

Bite size brownies

the urban baker: Bite size brownies

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bite size brownies

I got a call on Thursday at 3:00 p.m. asking me if I could make some stuff for the kids weekend religious school retreat.  I was asked to make dough for 8 challahs (?) as well as "something sweet".  Thank goodness for my frozen cookie doughs in my freezer!  I was able to make 4 1/2 dozen cookies.  Also threw in a fresh batch of bite size brownies.

My Sherry Yard Pastries book was on my  kitchen counter so I decided to just make hers.  I wanted to embellish them, but after making the challah dough, I had to keep it simple.  She calls these "Out-of-this-world-brownies" and although I used only the best ingredients, they were more of an earthly creation (for my taste, not so out-of-this-world).  I saved some of the edges, froze them and will use scraps for a cheesecake crust.

I am sure they were ingested and enjoyed.  I am almost positive I will get no complaints!

ingredients:
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. flour
1/4/ tsp. salt
4 oz. unsalted butter, chopped
1 oz. unsweetened chocolate-the good stuff, chopped
7 oz. bittersweet chocolate-chopped
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar


directions:
• Preheat oven to 350*.  Line an 8" square baking pan with foil and spray.
• Sift flour & salt.
• Melt butter, unsweetened chocolate, & bittersweet chocolate in glass bowl over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Cool.
• Beat eggs & sugar until fluffy.  Whisk in butter & chocolate mixture.  Add flour.
• Scrape into pan and bake 25-30 minutes until slightly firm.
• Allow to cool before cutting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home