Bite size brownies
My Sherry Yard Pastries book was on my kitchen counter so I decided to just make hers. I wanted to embellish them, but after making the challah dough, I had to keep it simple. She calls these "Out-of-this-world-brownies" and although I used only the best ingredients, they were more of an earthly creation (for my taste, not so out-of-this-world). I saved some of the edges, froze them and will use scraps for a cheesecake crust.
I am sure they were ingested and enjoyed. I am almost positive I will get no complaints!
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. flour
1/4/ tsp. salt
4 oz. unsalted butter, chopped
1 oz. unsweetened chocolate-the good stuff, chopped
7 oz. bittersweet chocolate-chopped
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
• Preheat oven to 350*. Line an 8" square baking pan with foil and spray.
• Sift flour & salt.
• Melt butter, unsweetened chocolate, & bittersweet chocolate in glass bowl over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Cool.
• Beat eggs & sugar until fluffy. Whisk in butter & chocolate mixture. Add flour.
• Scrape into pan and bake 25-30 minutes until slightly firm.
• Allow to cool before cutting.