This page has moved to a new address.

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

the urban baker: Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

I received a message on my cell phone yesterday, asking me for a description of the "bakery basket" I was making for this weekend's Purim Carnival raffle.  Huh?  I never said I was going to make a basket for the Purim Carnival Raffle.  Yet, how could I say "no".  As you all know, I am not really good at saying the "N" word, and I truly believe they know that, and that is why they assumed I would do this.

On the heels of that call, I received a call from someone else asking me what I was going to bake for the bake sale at the Purim carnival.  A double whammy!

So, today, Tuesday, I start planning and prepping doughs, recipes, and ingredients.  Today I made a chocolate chip cookie recipe from 125 Cookies by Elinor Klivans.

I wanted to do some sort of chocolate chip cookie both for the basket as well as the bake sale and anything with "the best of everything" in the title of the recipe is a sure fire winner for me.

The Best of Everything Chocolate Chip Cookies


ingredients:
1 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
6 Tbl. sugar
1 large cold egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbl. good unsweetened cocoa powder (I use valrohna)
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used less)


directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350*
2.  Place 1 oz of chocolate in glass bowl over barely simmering water.  Melt and set aside.
3.  Sift flour, baking soda, + salt together.
4.  Mix butter, brown sugar + sugar in mixing bowl of electric mixer and combine.  Add egg + vanilla and blend thoroughly.  Decrease speed and add flour mixture until blended.
5.  Divide dough evenly.  Leave half the dough in the bowl of the mixer and add the melted chocolate and the cocoa powder.  Mix evenly.  Add 1 cup of chips to each dough.
6.  Create 1 teaspoon size balls with each of the doughs.  Place one ball of vanilla dough on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Place a chocolate one just next to it, touching.  Repeat process on baking pan and space 2" apart.  These will spread
7.  Bake for about 11 minutes, rotating pans front to back and top to bottom half way through.  Let rest for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Isaac ate 4 of these before I could even ask him if they were tasty.  He said they reminded him of "flatsos" (his favorites).  He is right!

These are delicious.  These will be a cookie jar staple!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home