Fudge Brownies with the Volume turned up
Magnolia Bakery Cookbook with lots of yummy stuff mixed in. I actually didn't taste these, but everyone in my house did and they had rave reviews. When you combine the best chocolate (callebaut), heath bar, toffee pieces, pecans and white chocolate, what could be so terrible?
The recipe makes a huge pan, which I always love, because it feeds a crowd. I hate those brownie or bar recipes that calls for an 8 x 8" baking pan. Why go to all the effort and trouble for such a small batch. I like to bake, create, package and give away. 8" x 8" - Pish Posh!
Make these and get creative. I have thin mint girl scout cookies in the freezer- can you imagine? Be on the look out for something with a mint cookie accent!
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
12 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs, room temp.
2 Tbsp. vanilla
3/4 cup toffee pieces
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cup white chocolate, chopped
1. preheat oven to 350*. Grease a 12" x 18" jelly roll pan (i lined mine with heavy duty foil and sprayed-easier cutting and clean up)
2. sift flour, baking powder, & salt.
3. in a bowl set over simmering water, melt chocoalte & butter, until smooth. Cool 5-10 minutes. If bowl is large enough, add the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Add the flour mixture. Pour batter into pan.
4. sprinkle with toffee and nuts.
5. bake 25-28 minutes, until tester comes out clean. do not overbake!
6. let cool 10 minutes and then sprinkle with white chocolate. push chocolate into brownie while still warm.
allow to cool to room temp.
I like to put in fridge before cutting. It makes it easier and cleaner!
Labels: brownie toffee