This page has moved to a new address.

Testing Scone Recipes

the urban baker: Testing Scone Recipes

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Testing Scone Recipes

As I have mentioned in a lot of my posts, I like to freeze doughs.  I am getting more and more calls each week for my baked goods (which I do out of the goodness of my heart) and all my friends have talked me into doing something with my passion.  With that said, I am not convinced, but in the meantime, I am testing doughs, ingredients and flavor combos.

I am starting with scones.  I started with a basic buttermilk recipe that I have played with in the past.  I made a big batch and added some chopped crystalized ginger and some chopped dried apricots.  I also used both pastry flour and all purpose flour.  I love the texture and the taste of these scones.  And...I love ginger, but not in my sweets.
I will make this base again yet play with the "mix-in's".

chopped dried fruit
shaped dough
(would make them a little thicker next time)
cut and ready to flash freeze

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home