This page has moved to a new address.

Hazelnut, Milk Chocolate Gelato

the urban baker: Hazelnut, Milk Chocolate Gelato

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Hazelnut, Milk Chocolate Gelato


So fattening, but so good.

Again, I had some lonely egg yolks staring me in the face everytime I opened my fridge. In our house, when we have egg yolks, we make ice cream!!

Eli and I thumbed through The Perfect Scoop and liked the Gianduja Gelato (page 47). I particularily liked it because I had 5 egg yolks and that is exactly what the recipe called for. I also had hazelnuts in my freezer. This was the perfect choice from The Perfect Scoop!

I didn't taste it (prepping for a 10 day fast), but both Eli and Miguel did. Eli said it was really "rich" and although M liked it, he has requested bread. So, for the next week or so, I am going to concentrate on breads (after I do a Whole Foods run to gather up all the different flours I will be needing).

Be on the look out for breads, all shapes and sizes!

If you don't have this book, get it. It is a great family activity!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home