This page has moved to a new address.

Grandma Rose's Sables

the urban baker: Grandma Rose's Sables

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Grandma Rose's Sables

It just wouldn't be a holiday without making my Grandma Roses' Sables. My grandma had a small tin that sat on top of her kitchen counter. That tin was either filled with Mandelbrot or these cookies. These were my favorites.

She would make these using a cookie press and they would either have an M & M in the center or be sprinkled with multi colored non-perils. My favorite are the ones with the M & M's. However, I always have to make both versions. Today I decided to make a little glaze and then add the non-perils. I think I like it the original way (a bit messier, but the nostalgia of them makes them taste better).

Happy Holidays!

1 lb. butter
1 cup sugar
beat w/electric mixer until creamy

1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
add and mix well

3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
whisk and mix in gradually

• preheat oven to 350*. line two baking sheets w/parchment
• put a portion of the dough in the cookie press
• place cookies 2" apart. decorate w/non-perils, jimmies, m & m's - anything that suits your fancy.
• bake 15 mins. rotating pan 1/2 way through.



1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YUM YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 7, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home