This page has moved to a new address.

Pate Brisee, Plus

the urban baker: Pate Brisee, Plus

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Pate Brisee, Plus


I love having Pate Brisee Pastry in the freezer. Actually, I love having most anything in the freezer. At the moment I have Marinara sauce, Bolognese sauce, vegetable, chicken & turkey stock, lime, orange & lemon juice (all previously frozen in ice cube trays and then bagged in Ziplocs), a turkey loaf, more pastry, chocolate chip cookies (frozen in perfect round balls-ready to bake) and some Beef Bourguignon. I like having stuff like this for those nights when I just can't muster up the energy to cook dinner.

Tonight, for X-mas eve, we are going to the neighbors and I wanted to bring a little something, even though the food is going to be plentiful. I defrosted the pastry in the fridge over night. I wanted to use the last of my goat cheese and leeks and opted to make little bite size tarts rather than one huge one. Just wanted to mix it up a little.

I shaped the tart dough in the a.m., then took off for yoga. When I got home, I popped them in the oven to cook, made the custard and sauteed the leeks. I love this recipe it is a winner every time.

3/4 cup whole milk
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 eggs + 2 egg yolks
salt, white pepper & pinch of nutmeg

scatter leeks and goat cheese (4 oz.) over
baked tart shell
mix all together and pour over leeks and goat cheese, in baked pastry shell
11" tart, bake for around 35 minutes at 375*

Also whipped up a pitcher of cranberry margaritas. Will blend with ice when I get there! Should be a fun evening.

1 1/4 cup cranberry juice
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup cranberries
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
3/4 cup tequila
1/2 cup contreau
3 cups ice

dip glasses in cranberry juice then sugar.
blend all of the above in a blender. Add ice
and then blend to desired slushiness or serve
on the rocks.

Peace, Joy, Love

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You makin' these on Monday night?

December 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home