This page has moved to a new address.

Cranberries and Vanilla Crumble

the urban baker: Cranberries and Vanilla Crumble

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cranberries and Vanilla Crumble


I bought a new book. Rustic Fruit Desserts: Crumbles, Buckles, Cobblers, Pandowdies & More by Cory Schreiber & Julie Richardson. I had been wanting this book ever since I made their Lemon-Blueberry Buckle, last summer. The recipe had been published in the NY Times and that was one delicious buckle.

This is a beautiful and simple book. This is a beautiful and simple cake.

Everyone LOVED this treat, including Isaac, my savory, Dorito loving child. Levi, the visual eater even liked it and asked for more. Regardless that it was laced with fruit and the fruit was "visible", he still asked for seconds. Eli said it was probably the best thing I ever made and I, who generally is very hard on my efforts, adored this cake.

The vanilla crumb topping is hands down, the best crumb topping, ever and the cake is light, moist and not at all too sweet.

I can't wait to make EVERYTHING in this book. And one day, when I do open up my tiny little hole in the wall, this type of cake will be at the top of the menu!

This is another must have book!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home