This page has moved to a new address.

Cheesecake, Light & Fluffy

the urban baker: Cheesecake, Light & Fluffy

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Cheesecake, Light & Fluffy


I was reading the Tartelette blog and she had this Cheesecake recipe (I have to find it) on one of her entries and it looked really yummy. I love reading her blog and if you are not familiar with it, I highly suggest you give it a read. The selling point for me wasn't so much the Cheesecake as it was the Caramel Sauce that she suggest serving on the side. I love caramel anything and the idea that this was topped off with this gooey delight sold me on the dessert.

We were having friends for dinner last Friday night and they are not a chocolate loving family. Originally, I wanted to do chocolate fondue, but then remembered that chocolate is not their drug of choice. However, I knew that cheesecake would be the perfect ending to a truly delicious meal (chicken with green olive and 30 cloves of garlic, lemon risotto, slow roasted tomatoes and a kale w/ricotta salata salad). I also had french vanilla ice cream with chocolate fudge sauce for the kidlets as I wasn't sure how they would react to a cheesecake.

The cheesecake was really light (whipping egg whites helps keep the density down) yet, the crust was not my favorite. It was a little dry and believe it or not, not sweet enough. I have made a lot of cheesecakes and I still have my favorite. The recipe from an old Martha Stewart living magazine is still our household favorite (recipe here).
The night was fun, the kids left us alone and the conversation was perfect.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home