This page has moved to a new address.

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

the urban baker: Chocolate Zucchini Bread

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Bread


My house smells so good right now. I have a Chocolate Zucchini Cake in the oven as I write this and I can't wait to take it out of the oven.

This morning, Levi and I went to the farmer's market. The sun was shining for the first time in a week (rare for L.A.) and EVERYONE was out, enjoying the sunshine and the market. We got so many wonderful fruits and veggies; kale, chard, grapes, strawberries, turnips, zucchini, purple cauliflower, field greens, fresh herbs, potatoes - all kinds, plus so much more.

While I was perusing Saveur's sight the other day, along with the Meyer Lemon Cake, I found a recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Cake (recipe here). I printed it and used my fresh zucchini's to make this cake.

I knew this was going to be an amazing cake even before my house smelled like a chocolate factory. The batter was smooth and glossy and the perfect texture. I was a little baffled by the recipe with the use of both butter and "corn" oil. But once I started adding the flour and buttermilk, I knew exactly why this cake had both "fats". I snuck a lick of the spoon and instantly I started thinking of what else I could do with this batter (i.e, cupcakes, mini baby cakes, etc). The recipe didn't call for it, but I added finely chopped, toasted pecans.

Can't wait to taste it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home