This page has moved to a new address.

Holiday Shortbread Bark

the urban baker: Holiday Shortbread Bark

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holiday Shortbread Bark



I found this recipe on Epicurious and had to make it. I have always wanted to make Peppermint Bark (recipe here), but never have. What I liked about this one was that it was more of a cookie. The shortbread crust is perfectly easy and you don't have to melt the chocolate in a separate bowl. After the shortbread comes out of the oven, you sprinkle the chopped chocolate all over the crust, wait a few minutes and spread the hot, melted chocolate with an off set spatula. One less step makes me super happy.

For about 4 seconds I entertained tempering my chocolate in my tempering machine. Let that thought go real fast! Couldn't go the extra mile on this one. Had it not been the morning of December 13th (marathon baking day) I probably would have stretched myself. Had to put things into perspective. Glad I did.



Isaac was ecstatic with his job of crushing the candy canes. He did a good job and I enjoyed sharing the kitchen with him. Actually, he is starting to become curious in the kitchen. He is asking to mix, stir, pour, grate, measure and whisk. Makes me super happy when he, or any of my boys, show interest in the kitchen. Maybe I am doing something right.

These were delicious!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home