This page has moved to a new address.

Apple Turnovers

the urban baker: Apple Turnovers

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Apple Turnovers



I was searching epicurious.com for Fuji apple recipes. As I mentioned in my previous post, I have an over abundance of apples. The Tarte Tatin was a huge success. This one is going in my binder. I am filing it away in the section called "perfection".

I also found this recipe for apple turnovers. After reading the recipe I knew it was going to be a winner. This was even before I realized it was a Sherry Yard creation. I happen to be a huge fan of Sherry's and once I saw her name at the top of the recipe, I was sold. This recipe is from epicurious. com and you can find the recipe here.

I loved that all the elements can be frozen. First, the filling is made and then frozen into ice cube tray. Once frozen I popped them out and put them in a baggie. Then, using thawed phyllo dough (got to love that), you wrap each little turnover as if you were folding the American flag! Once assembled, the finished product gets frozen once again.

After about 32 of these, I got tired. I tossed the remaining phyllo and decided I would use the remaining balance of my filling for mini tarts.

With that said, I still have about 29 little frozen treats in my freezer waiting to be baked and eaten. I love this because any day of the week, my kids could have something special for dessert or an oh so indulgent snack.

I served these with ice cream and everyone in my house left the table with a smile on their face.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home