This page has moved to a new address.

Pumpkin Flan

the urban baker: Pumpkin Flan

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pumpkin Flan


Doing a little recipe testing for Thanksgiving next week. I have been craving pumpkin anything since Halloween. Don't really know why? I have never really been a lover of most things pumpkin. I think I have turned the corner. Happily, I crave it.

So...when I was reading my new issue of Martha Stewart Living over this past weekend I found a recipe for Pumpkin Flan, I was immediatly drawn to it. Couldn't really resist not making it. The beauty of this recipe is I didn't have to run to the store as I had everything on hand.

I was planning on sending this with Mitch to work. It is half eaten. Eli and I keep pinching a bite here, a bite there. It is so yummmmmy!

Although I would love to make it again for our Thanksgiving table, my sister-in-law doesn't really like flan. With that said, I made some pie doughs today as well. Put them in the freezer so they will be nice and fresh for next weeks pie baking extravaganza.

Here is what I am making for Thanksgiving:

• Cranberry sauce (the best ever)
• Beet Pear Puree
• Roasted brussel sprouts
• Corn souffle
• Pecan Pie
• Cranberry tart

Happy Harvest!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home