This page has moved to a new address.

Chocolate Hazelnut Tart

the urban baker: Chocolate Hazelnut Tart

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Chocolate Hazelnut Tart

The end of the summer means cramming all that is possible into a 3 day weekend. For us, returning from vacation, my days were filled with stocking the fridge, meal planning for the week, returning to packing lunches (yuck) and lots and lots laundry. We did manage to say yes to one labor day invite. Which means, I was forced to add one more thing to my list of chores; cook for a crowd.

As you all know (for those of you whom even bother to read my blog. I believe there is one or two of you) I love The Modern Baker. Thus far, everything I have made from this great big book of everything scrumptious is wonderful. The chocolate hazelnut tart is no exception.

I opted to make the sweet crust, and with his suggestion, opted to add ground almonds to the dry ingredients. This dough really came together nicely and was easy to assemble. After sitting in the fridge for 2 hours, I attempted to roll it out, however it was a little on the wet side. I decided to press it into the tart pan and it turned out great.

The recipe has orange zest in the ganache. I still have a a small bag of candied orange peels in my freezer. I decided to chop some up and add them to the top of the tart which complimented the toasted hazelnuts.

The tart is super rich, but got rave reviews.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home