This page has moved to a new address.

WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM

the urban baker: WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM



We are really into ice cream over here at the Salzman house. My kids have been requesting "mint chip ice cream" and I simply had to honor their request.

We were having an impromptu, spur of the moment dinner with some friends (lots of kids) which gave me a good excuse to make more ice cream.

I really didn't want to use the recipe from the Cuisinart manual, so I surfed the net. I found a recipe on Food Network.com and although the ingredients were a little different than the previous ice cream attempts, I thought how bad can half and half, sugar and eggs be?

I went with a recipe by Alton Brown, the crazy guy on the food network. The only thing I changed was I substituted mini chocolate chips for bittersweet chocolate chunks. Everyone agreed that this was a winning recipe.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home