This page has moved to a new address.

The Best Cake Ever

the urban baker: The Best Cake Ever

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Best Cake Ever



When my friend Kate and I decided we would co-op shabbat dinner this week, we divided up the cooking chores. To be honest with you, this is the only way to fly. I have always said it would ideal if we all lived together on a compound, divide up the "stuff", do what you enjoy and let your fellow compound mates do what they love. Wouldn't it be great to live on a compound with a few of your best friends. Divide up the cooking (that could my job), cleaning ( Stephanie's is the pro at that), career (Kate is good at that) and extra social activities and fun (Mindy - cuz she is never idle). All our kids would have tons of kids to play (other than their Sib's) with and we would all be in such better moods. A girl can dream, right?

Anyway...as Kate and I sat at her kitchen table, planning our menu and market list, her husband, Steve, walks into the room and starts chanting "caramel cake, caramel cake, caramel cake". Well, that was settled, I was making my caramel cake.

This, truly is the best pound cake EVER! Steve describes it as the perfect balance between cake and perfection however without having that flour after taste that some cakes have. I guess when one bakes a cake with 3 sticks of butter in the actual cake and and 1 stick in the frosting, one should not taste the flour after taste in such cake!

I would love to share this recipe with you, but I have been told by too many people to market it. I just might!

p.s when I woke up the next morning to take more photos of it, it was pretty much gone. I am almost certain Eli ate a piece before bed (after having a huge slice at dinner) and another for breakfast. I have got to figure out a way for Eli to like fruit as much as he likes his carbs and sweets.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home