This page has moved to a new address.

Carmel Crumb Bars

the urban baker: Carmel Crumb Bars

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Carmel Crumb Bars



These are hands down one of the best bars I have ever tasted and or ever made.

I am so excited about my new book, The Modern Baker by Nick Malgieri. I know I have committed to making every recipe in other books. And have failed miserably. However, I could probably commit to that challenge with this book and actually follow through. I just got it and have probably gone through it 12 times. I want to make everything and can't decide what to make next. Everything in it is so tangible, so doable, so appealing and so beautiful.

I choose this as my first recipe because we had so many invites this particular weekend and I needed to make stuff that would travel well. Plus, even without doubling this recipe, it made a fair amount, making it easy to spread the wealth.

I made the dough the day before and then the next day, first thing in the morning I made the caramel filling. Basic pantry ingredients. This couldn't have been easier to make, to assemble, to cut. There were no issues with cutting these bars. It was effortless to get them almost symmetrical!

I paired these with my pseudo "oreos" from the chocolate cookie experiment and on the presentation was impressive!

Caramel crumb bars are going to become a basic go to recipe when I need something that is full proof and yummy as well as fast and easy!

p.s. don't feel right posting the recipe as this book was recently published. for those serious bakers out there, this is a must have book.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home