This page has moved to a new address.

Profiteroles...More ways to use up the yummy ice cream

the urban baker: Profiteroles...More ways to use up the yummy ice cream

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Profiteroles...More ways to use up the yummy ice cream



I love Profiteroles. The first time I had them, was probably back in 1981 (a junior at U.C. Berkeley), at some yummy restaurant in San Francisco and I fell hard for them then and I still feel the same way about them today. Probably one of my all time favorite desserts. There is something about the combo of the light pastry, the dense, rich ice cream and the velvety, chocolate sauce. Mmmm, Mmmm Good!

I turned my little culinary prodigy, Eli, onto them a while back (he fell hard as well) and felt it only fair that we make them at home. I had been wanting to challenge myself for some time and making Choux Pastry ( The Secrets of Baking by Sherry Yard)was something I had to gear up for. I don't know why I was so intimidated, easy - peasy! And so fun! Hence, I haven't mastered the pastry bag as of yet, but I am working on it. With that said, my little pillows of goodness came out pretty darn good.

I had originally made so many that I ended up freezing most of them. So last week, when we were in an ice cream making extravaganza, our little cream puffs came in handy. We took a few out of the freezer, slapped on some of our homemade vanilla bean ice cream (see blog post 8/3/09 ). The only missing ingredient was the chocolate sauce. So I turned to Baking with Julia, knowing that I would find the perfect chocolate sauce. And I did! It was a perfect trio.

There is nothing more satisfying than an 8pm snack with Eli, lover of almost all food, and an episode of So You Think You Can Dance! It was a good night.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home