Mini Zucchini-Pecan Cakes
The original recipe called for a cake pan. Yet, I needed something that one could grab and go. I baked this recipe off in my mini bundt pans. Glad I did! The cake was light, sweet, savory and utterly delicious!
Zucchini-Pecan Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
adapted from Bon Apettit Magaizne
yield: 22 mini bundts
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. coarse salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
3/4 cup olive oil ( not extra virgin )
1 cup sucanat ( or light brown sugar )
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (8 oz)
3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
cream cheese frosting
8 oz. full fat cream cheese, room temperature
3 Tbls. unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
for the cake
• preheat oven to 350*. Brush two mini bundt pans (12 bundt capacity) with melted, unsalted butter. set aside
• whisk flour, baking powder, coarse salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
• in another bowl, whisk oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla, mix to blend.
• fold in the flour mixture
• fold in the zucchini and pecans.
• fill up bundt pans a little more than 1/2 way full. place bundt pans on a baking sheet
• bake cakes until tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
• cool completely on wire racks. turn cakes out onto a platter and set aside
for the frosting:
• using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until combined. add remaining ingredients and beat until thick ( you may need more sugar).
• pipe a dollop on each cake.
• can be made a day ahead ( I made the cakes the day before and frosted the day of ). cover and chill in fridge.