This page has moved to a new address.

Double Chocolate Cherry Chunk

the urban baker: Double Chocolate Cherry Chunk

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Double Chocolate Cherry Chunk



I am not as organized this year as I have been in past years. Usually, by now, I have made my list and checked it twice! I have an already full calendar for this coming week (baking, shopping, work, meetings, etc.) and I am still adding recipes to the schedule. I just can't stop. I stumble across some new recipe and I simply must try it. I am like an addict.

I found this recipe for Chocolate Cherry Chunk Cookies on Epicurious and I couldn't resist. I love a good chocolate and cherry combo. I have been known to eat a whole chocolate cherry bread (La Brea Bakery) in one sitting. Toasted with a little butter, mmmmm.

I doubled this recipe which gave me tons of cookies. After making the dough I let it sit in the fridge for a day and a half. Cookie batter is like a good wine. It gets better with age. I always let my cookie doughs rest. They are easier to work with and all the flavors have time to meld together. I rolled the dough into tablespoon size balls and flash froze. Once completely frozen, I packed and stored away in the freezer. These were very well received.

p.s. I hate taking photos of very chocolaty things. These photos are horrible and will be replaced when I bake the rest off.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home