This page has moved to a new address.

Lemon Cookies

the urban baker: Lemon Cookies

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Lemon Cookies

The lemons on my meyer lemon tree are blooming. I am so excited! I love seeing the lemons on my tree come to life. This can only mean one thing; lots and lots of lemon zest and lemon juice, neatly packaged and stored in the freezer. The perfect ingredient for almost any dish - savory or sweet!

Today is the day that I start making doughs for all my holiday baking. Each year I try to add to my repertoire and this year is not exception. I found this recipe for Christine's Lemon Wreath Cookies in the December issue of Martha Stewart. I always like to include a lemon cookie in my holiday packages and this one seemed perfect. I liked the shape, a lot, and I liked that it was a simple butter type dough.

I made the dough and rolled each cookie out and placed on parchment sheets. I then froze them. Once they are set, I will put in a sealed container and bake off on the official baking day (this year it will be, Sunday, December 13th). I will probably have about 8-9 different kinds of cookies and bars to bake that day. Generally, some of my friends pop by, help bake and sample all the goodies.

I haven't completely finalized the gift baking menu. These are better than delicious and have definitely made the cut.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home