This page has moved to a new address.

Snickerdoodles

the urban baker: Snickerdoodles

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Snickerdoodles


I was perusing through a few of my favorite blogs and I came across Tartelette's blog entry for snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches.

What intrigued me about the cookie recipe is that once the dough is made and chilled it gets rolled similar to a sugar cookie. I had always made snickerdoodles as a drop cookie. I was curious as to how this one would play out. As I was the official snack mom for Isaac's basketball game on Saturday, the snickerdoodle seemed like a perfect snack for a group of 9 & 10 year old boys.

I had woken up early on Saturday morning and one of my first thoughts was to do them as a drop cookie. However, when it came down to it, I wanted to honor the recipe. I liked this cookie taste ( I think the cream of tartar helped in the flavor department), but I was somewhat disappointed with the outcome. I like my snickerdoodle (when fully baked) to have those cracks and crevices all over the top. These did not have that. I like to see where the cinnamon and sugar are hiding out. These weren't as chewy as I normally would have liked, but neither my kids, Isaac's teammates, his coach or the kids friends complained.


Guess I did something right! Plus - lots of our friends benefited from doubling the recipe.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home