This page has moved to a new address.

Yucky Bananas!!!!

the urban baker: Yucky Bananas!!!!

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Yucky Bananas!!!!


The bananas in our house were really being neglected. I honestly don't know how as both Mitch and I make protein shakes almost every morning. I guess, this particular week, we didn't have as much time as we normally do and the shake ritual was put on the back burner.

So, with that said, I had yucky, brown bananas, perfect for some sort of sweet and just enough buttermilk to make these muffins. The recipe comes from, The Weekend Baker by Abigail Johnson Dodge. I received this book as a gift over a year ago and I am embarrassed to say that I haven't made much from it. What I liked about the book (aside from the extra large type face-perfect for my aging eyes) was at the end of each recipe she gave options as to how to bake off the recipe. Although this was a "cake" recipe, I opted to make these into mini-muffins. I added mini chocolate chips (cuz everything is better with chocolate) and I baked them a little longer than what she suggested.

According to Eli, they were delicious (I am not a fan of bananas, so I hadn't tasted them). Dropped boxes of the muffins off at neighbors and they all agreed with Eli.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home