This page has moved to a new address.

RICOTTA FRITTERS

the urban baker: RICOTTA FRITTERS

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

RICOTTA FRITTERS


I know I committed to baking everything in Nancy Silverton's Pastries from the La Brea Bakery (see 2/18/09 posting), but I have gotten a little side tracked. I have been on a cookbook buying rampage. And in doing so, I have strayed.  However, strayed in a good way!  


I have been wanting to make donuts.  All kinds of donuts.  Yet, feeling a little intimidated.  Nancy has a few recipes in her book that seem easy enough.  I decided to start with the "fritters".  This is a really easy batter to assemble (not requiring one to take out their heavy mixer) and it can be made in advance and refrigerated.  The batter consists of the usual suspects yet has a few surprises; clover honey and ricotta.  It was the perfect recipe to help me overcome my fear of making donuts. Next time I will tackle the real deal!

I had made some chocolate sauce from Sherry Yard's The Secret of Baking  for some profiteroles that I had recently made (will post soon). If you do not know this book, it is really one of the better books I own.

She has such a great way of telling her stories and sharing her recipes. This is one recipe I will keep on hand at all times.  It is so versatile and can be used for so many different things.

Unfortunately, you can't eat just one!



1 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

The fritters look yummy! I also love Sherry Yard's books.

April 30, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home