This page has moved to a new address.

French Friday's with Dorie: Hachis Parmentier

the urban baker: French Friday's with Dorie: Hachis Parmentier

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Friday, October 22, 2010

French Friday's with Dorie: Hachis Parmentier

I am sure you all know by know that I am a big Dorie Greenspan fan.  So, when I read about French Friday's with Dorie, a virtual cooking class, I immediately signed up.  The idea here is that every member of this "cooking class" creates a dish from Dorie's new book; around my french table.

I am thrilled to be a part of this as I was "shut out" of "Tuesday's with Dorie" Each week I would see submissions on tastespotting and completely felt left out.  Boo Hoo!  I am now a proud memeber of "FFwD". I have yet one more thing to add to my "to do" list, however cooking doesn't feel so much like a chore, I actually enjoy it.  I am excited to step a little bit outside of my comfort zone and try a new way of doing things.

When I saw what was on this weeks, menu, I was ecstatic for two reasons.  One, I had earmarked this page, and two, "shepherd's pie" was on this weeks meal plan.  I was able to check a dinner off my weekly menu and I was able to create dorie's version of this very classic dish!

Hachis Parmentier is simply just a fancy name for shepherd's pie.  I made it according to dorie's recipe, however my original plan, was to make one with ground turkey.  I am happy I made it Dorie's way.

hachis parmentier
page 258-259
yield: 4-6 servings.

This recipe was easy, super economical and DELICIOUS!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger marla {Family Fresh Cooking} said...

Look at you go! Getting in one last post before the weekend. How fun that you will be participating in French Friday's with Dorie. This Shepherds Pie looks wonderful & I am sure you guys will enjoy the left overs this weekend too! xo

October 22, 2010 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger The Urban Baker said...

marla - sadly, no left overs! that is how good it was. so yummy!

October 22, 2010 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Love shepherd pie and yours looks extra yummy so will have to go look up the recipe and give it a try.

October 22, 2010 at 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Brooke@foodwoolf said...

Looks like a perfect family meal! Great to see you challenging yourself to take a virtual cooking class with your cooking hero!

October 23, 2010 at 8:07 AM  
Anonymous amanda@seegirlcook said...

ohh, this looks so delicious!

October 23, 2010 at 6:22 PM  
Anonymous Amanda said...

It sounds fantastic... and what a fun opportunity! Dorie is sorta, well, the awesomest.

October 24, 2010 at 5:13 AM  
Blogger Savoring Italy said...

Yours looks delicious! I had fun making mine with the quicker recipe. My kids adored it! See you next week with the apple cake:)

October 24, 2010 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Eliana said...

Hmmm - your version of this looks like absolute perfection :)

October 29, 2010 at 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home