This page has moved to a new address.

Chocolate Fudge Souffle Bars

the urban baker: Chocolate Fudge Souffle Bars

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Chocolate Fudge Souffle Bars

My library book was due within the week (after renewing it for my 3rd and final time) and I just had to get baking and make some of the treats from 125 Cookies.  I liked this recipe because I need little preparation to finish the task.  The recipe called for cold butter, which always helps when baking on a whim.

The shortbread crust is so light and flaky.  Yet it has a little crunch when you bite into it.  I made the fudgy topping while the crust was baking.  The recipe suggested semi sweet chocolate, however I always prefer bittersweet.  Somehow makes it a little more interesting.  I toyed with the idea of putting a layer of toasted coconut or toasted pecans between the shortbread layer and the chocolate topping, but decided to keep it authentic.  However, next time, I will add some sort of treat between the layers.

A few friends received these tasty treats.  Yet, Eli was dead set on keeping the majority of the bars in the house!  He won his argument.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Bradpetehoops said...

Brownies are good taste.

April 7, 2009 at 7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan shared some of these with us. They are scrumptious!! --Ella

April 30, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home