This page has moved to a new address.

HOLY MACAROON

the urban baker: HOLY MACAROON

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Friday, April 3, 2009

HOLY MACAROON


Each year, for Passover, I make macaroons.  For the past few years I have been making the same 
macaroon ( Martha Stewart Living Magazine) recipe, but this year I wanted to try something different.  Not that I don't like the old favorite,  I wanted to experiment.

I was reading some food blogs on Tastespotting and I read this fabulous blog ( I didn't bookmark and now can't find it-sorry)  that inspired me to take out my very, very old Joy of Cooking cookbook.  After I found the recipe that I was hunting for, I starting recipe surfing.  I stumbled upon some coconut macaroons that were oh so easy.  I whipped up a batch.  

They were DELICIOUS on their own, however I wanted to mix it up a bit.  I made a simple chocolate glaze with some bittersweet chocolate, diluted espresso and some butter.  

I made such a big batch of glaze that the remainder was used to make vanilla bean ice cream sundaes for the kids that evening.  They didn't complain!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Bradpetehoops said...

Nice taste!

April 7, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home