This page has moved to a new address.

Art and Food

the urban baker: Art and Food

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Art and Food





Onof my closest friends, Nancy, opened her art gallery tonight.  Her home is impecable and is filled with the most amazing, unique pieces of art.  She is one of the most emotionally generous people one will ever meet and this is just the perfect fit for her.  For years she has opened up her home and her heart to all her friends and family.  Her art gallery will become an extension of that and I see it as a place for all of us middle aged gals to chat and inspire one another.



Her first gallery event, features her dear friend, Mary Golvin's Rooftop series.  Mary is a true artist, an amazing cook and a patient, loving mom. Mary's attention to detail is present in all her work.

Nancy enlisted me to do, what else,  the baking!  I was overjoyed, of course,  and couldn't wait to create the yummies!  I thought about doing little cakes and tarts, but then I decided that I wanted things that one could just pick up and eat.  I didn't want Nancy to bother with forks, plates and all the stuff that is already clogging up our landfills.  I also decided I wasn't going to put the goodies in liners (just more trash to clog our environment).  And since her space more of an industrial space, I used jelly roll pans, lined with parchment,  as the trays.  It all just worked.

Cheers to you, Nancy!  It was a great evening.  You have a long and fabulous career ahead of you!




Pumpkin Spice Minis w/Honey-Cream Cheese Frosting
(Martha Stewart.com)
Chocolate x 4 Brownies (Baking by Dorie Greenspan)
Pecan Tassies (family recipe)
Lemon-Ginger Sandwich Cookies (Big Fat Cookie Book by Elinor Klivans)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home