This page has moved to a new address.

Fruit & Nut Scones

the urban baker: Fruit & Nut Scones

the urban baker

The Urban Baker is deliciously photographed blog about nourishing your family's soul through life in the kitchen. The recipes for fabulous savories and sweets are easily replicated and will inspire you.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fruit & Nut Scones


Sunday, the 7th, was my in-laws anniversary.  We made plans to meet them for breakfast.  Although we were taking them out for breakfast, I couldn't walk into to their home empty handed.  

I had had some buttermilk that needed to be used up. Since I have been neglecting my Nancy Silverton Challenge, this was the perfect opportunity to work on completing the task I previously committed to (baking my way through the entire book).

I choose the Fruit and Nut scones, A) because it was the morning and what better way to start off ones morning than with a scone and B) I needed to use up the buttermilk that was on the verge of becoming something super nasty.

make the dough and then shape in a flan ring or spring form pan

cut into 8th's and then separate and bake

They were easy and delicious.  I am going to make these again and swap out some of the fruit for other ingredients.  Be on the lookout for a modified version of these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home